Biography: Christpher Lee was a British actor known for his horror film and for and playing memorable villains.
Lee began his film career working for Hammer Films, which he did for two decades, his most famous role as Dracula.
Lee later branched out appearing in the critically acclaimed "Wicker Man" (1970) and as the Bond villain Scaramanga in "The Man with the Golden Gun" (1974)
Lee returned to the limelight as Saruman in Peter Jackson's "The Lord of the Rings" films. Lee also collaborated with filmmaker Tim Burton, appearing in 5 of his films.
In 2010 Lee released the well received metal album "Charlemagne: By the Sword and the Cross". Lee was knighted in 2009.
- 1961-03-17 Actor Christopher Lee (38) weds actress Gitte Lee (25)
- 1957-05-02 Hammer Film Productions releases its 1st color horror title - "The Curse of Frankenstein" starring Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee
- 1958-05-08 Classic Hammer horror film "Dracula" film starring Christopher Lee as the eponymous vampire alongside Peter Cushing, directed by Terence Fisher released
- 1959-09-25 Hammer horror film "The Mummy" starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing is first released in the UK
- 1974-12-19 "The Man with the Golden Gun", 9th James Bond film, starring Roger Moore, Britt Ekland and Christopher Lee, premieres in London