Why Famous: In a career that spans seven decades, he is probably best known for his role as the autocratic widower Captain Georg Johannes von Trapp in the hit 1965 musical film "The Sound of Music".
- 1956-08-19 Actor Christopher Plummer (26) weds actress Tammy Grimes (22) at Cherokee Castle in Sedalia, Colorado
- 1960-09-02 Actress Tammy Grimes (26) divorces actor Christopher Plummer (30) after 4 years of marriage
- 1962-05-04 Actor Christopher Plummer (32) weds columnist Patricia Lewis at the Marylebone Registry office in London
- 1967-01-10 Actor Christopher Plummer (37) divorces columnist Patricia Lewis after nearly 5 years of marriage
- 1970-10-02 Actor Christopher Plummer (40) weds actress Elaine Taylor (26) in Montreal, Quebec
- 1965-03-02 One of the most popular musical films of all time, "The Sound of Music", starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer, is released (Academy Awards Best Picture 1966)