Profession: Speed Skater
Why Famous: Won Olympic gold in 1924 and 1928.
- 1924-01-26 Clas Thunberg of Finland claims his first of 4 gold medals when he wins the 5,000m speed skating in 2:20.8 at the Chamonix Winter Olympics
- 1924-01-27 Clas Thunberg of Finland claims 3 gold medals in one day when he wins the 1,500m, 10,000m and all-round speed skating events at the Chamonix Winter Olympics; won 5,000m the day before
- 1928-02-13 Clas Thunberg of Finland wins his 3rd Olympic gold medal when he dead-heats with Norway’s Bernt Evensen in the 500m speed skating at the St. Moritz Winter Games
- 1928-02-14 Clas Thunberg of Finland wins his 2nd gold medal of the Games and 4th career title when he takes out the 1,500m speed skating at the St. Moritz Winter Olympics
- 1929-01-19 Clas Thunberg skates world record 500m in 42.8 sec