Why Famous: Chinese teacher, editor, politician and philosopher whose philosophy emphasized personal and governmental morality, correctness of social relationships, justice and sincerity.
Confucius championed strong family loyalty, ancestor worship, respect of elders by their children and of husbands by their wives and recommended filial piety as the basis of ideal government.
He is thought to have died in 479 BC at the age of 71 or 72.
- "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - Knowledge
- "Study the past, if you would divine the future." - History
- "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." - Revenge
- "Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues." - Humility
- "Those who cannot forgive others break the bridge over which they themselves must pass."