Full Name: Constantine the Great [Flavius Valerius Aurelius Constantinus Augustus]
Profession: Roman Emperor
Why Famous: Roman Emperor from 306 to 337 and regarded as one of the greatest Roman Emperors.
As emperor, he enacted many administrative, financial, social, and military reforms to strengthen the empire.
He was also the first Roman emperor to claim conversion to Christianity and is thus a significant figure in the history of Christianity.
- 0307-03-31 Roman Emperor Constantine marries Fausta, daughter of the Emperor Maximian, later murdering her in 326
- 0306-07-25 Constantine I is proclaimed Roman Emperor by his troops
- 0308-11-11 The Congress of Carnuntum: Attempting to keep peace within the Roman Empire, the leaders of the Tetrarchy declare Maxentius and Licinius to be Augusti, while rival contender Constantine I is declared Caesar of Britain and Gaul.
- 0312-10-27 Roman Emperor Constantine the Great is said to have received his famous Vision of the Cross
- 0312-10-28 Emperor Constantine the Great beats rival Maxentius at the Battle of the Milvian Bridge
- 0314-10-08 Battle at Cibalae: Roman emperor in the west Constantine beats emperor in the east Licinius
- 0317-03-01 Crispus and Constantine II, sons of Roman Emperor Constantine I, and Licinius Iunior, son of Emperor Licinius, are made Caesares
- 0321-03-07 Roman Emperor Constantine I decrees that the dies Solis Invicti (sun-day) is the day of rest in the Empire
- 0324-07-03 Battle of Adrianople: Roman Emperor Constantine I defeats his co-emperor Licinius, who flees to Byzantium
- 0324-09-18 Chrysopolis Emperor Constantine beats Emperor Licinius
- 0335-09-19 Dalmatius is raised to the rank of Caesar by his uncle Constantine I.
- 0335-10-21 Roman Emperor Constantine the Great rules laws against Jews