Profession: Football Star
Why Famous: Cristiano Ronaldo is regarded by some as currently the best football player in the world and one of the greatest of all time.
Ronado rose to fame playing for English club Manchester United at age 18. There he was instrumental in helping the club win 3 Premier League titles, a UEFA Champions League title, and a FIFA Club World Cup. In 2008 he won his 1st Ballon d'Or award.
In 2009 his transfer to Spanish club Real Madrid was the most expensive ever in association football at $123 million. While at Real Madrid the club has won 2 Champions League titles, and a Club World Cup.
Ronald also has the record for most goals scored in a single UEFA Champions League season, 17 during the 2013-14 season.
On the national stage Ronaldo began playing for Portugal at 18 and helped his country reach the final of Euro 2004. In 2008 Ronald was made Captain of the Portuguese team and went on to lead Portugal to win Euro 16, at the same time becoming the most capped player of all time.
- 2003-08-16 Cristiano Ronaldo (18) makes his debut for Manchester United and the Premier League in a 4–0 home victory over Bolton Wanderers
- 2009-01-12 Cristiano Ronaldo is awarded 2008 FIFA World Player of the Year for the first time at a ceremony in Zurich
- 2009-08-29 Cristiano Ronaldo makes his debut for Real Madrid, scoring a penalty in their 3-2 win over Deportivo La Coruña
- 2014-01-13 Cristiano Ronaldo wins the 2013 FIFA Ballon d'Or
- 2014-01-29 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the 1st non-Spanish player to captain Real Madrid, making his 500th appearance for the club
- 2015-01-12 Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid C.F. wins the FIFA Ballon d'Or for the best player of the year
- 2016-06-12 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes 1st footballer to top Forbes' Highest-Paid Athletes List, earning $88 million
- 2016-12-12 Cristiano Ronaldo wins the FIFA Ballon d'Or for the 4th time
- 2017-12-07 Cristiano Ronaldo wins his 5th FIFA Ballon d’Or to equal Lionel Messi's record
- 2018-07-10 Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo joins Italian champions Juventus in a deal worth £99.2m, becoming one of the four most expensive players of all time