Profession: MLB Pitcher
Why Famous: His 511 wins are the most in Major League history.
During his career he established numerous pitching records, some of which have stood for a century.
A year after his death, the Cy Young Award was created to honor the previous season's best pitcher.
- 1891-05-01 Legendary pitcher Cy Young wins first game played at Cleveland's League Park; Cleveland Spiders 12, Cincinnati Redlegs 3
- 1901-07-12 Cy Young wins his 300th game
- 1904-05-05 Cy Young of Boston pitches perfect game against Philadelphia A's (3-0)
- 1908-06-30 Boston's Cy Young's 2nd no-hitter, beats NY Highlanders, 8-0
- 1908-08-13 Cy Young Day in Boston, he pitches briefly against an All-Star team
- 1909-02-18 Boston Red Sox trade Cy Young, at 41, to Cleveland Naps
- 1910-07-19 Cleveland Indian baseball player Cy Young registers 500th career victory against Washington 5-4 in 11 innings
- 1911-09-12 Boston's Cy Young vs Christy Mathewson of Giants, Giants win 9-0
- 1911-09-22 Cy Young beats Pitts 1-0 for his final career victory, number 511
- 1911-10-06 Cy Young's farewell appearance in a major league game is a letdown as he loses to Brooklyn 13-3 in a Braves uniform in his 906th game
- 1912-03-15 Pitcher Cy Young retires from baseball with 511 wins
- 1921-07-29 Cleveland's 125th anniversary celebration: Cy Young, 54, pitches 2 inn
- 1937-01-19 Cy Young, Tris Speaker & Nap Lajorie elected to Baseball Hall of Fame