Why Famous: Sons and Lovers, The Rainbow, Women in Love
- 1914-07-13 British poet and novelist D. H. Lawrence (28) weds Frieda Weekley (34) after obtaining Frieda's divorce from her 1st husband
- 1959-06-11 Postmaster General bans D H Lawrence's book, Lady Chatterley's Lover (overruled by US Court of Appeals in Mar 1960)
- 1960-03-25 DH Lawrence's "Lady Chatterley's Lover" ruled not obscene (NYC)
- 1960-11-02 Penguin Books cleared of obscenity for publishing DH Lawrence's "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- 1960-11-10 Uncensored version of D. H. Lawrence's "Lady Chatterley’s Lover" finally goes on sale in the UK after a jury finds publisher Penguin Books not guilty in an obscenity trial