Profession: US Civil War Admiral
Why Famous: Flag officer of the United States Navy during the American Civil War, and the first rear admiral, vice admiral, and admiral in the United States Navy. Remembered in popular culture for his order at the Battle of Mobile Bay (which he won), usually paraphrased as: "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" by U.S. Navy tradition.
- 1824-09-02 US Navy flag officer David Farragut (23) weds Susan Caroline Marchant
- 1843-12-26 US Navy flag officer David Farragut (42) weds Virginia Loyall
- 1862-04-25 Capture of New Orleans LA by the Union under Flag Officer Farragut
- 1862-07-16 David Farragut is 1st Rear Admiral in US Navy
- 1864-08-05 Battle of Mobile Bay, won by the Union Army led by Rear Admiral Farragut with the cry "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" (US Civil War)