Why Famous: Mamet is an American playwright and film director. His work begun first with a trio of plays in the 1970s, including 'The Duck Variations.'
Later he has come to direct feature films: 'House of Games' (1987), 'Homicide' (1991), and 'The Spanish Prisoner' (1997).
He is perhaps best known for 'Heist' (2001), which starred Gene Hackman, Danny DeVito, and Delroy Lindo.
- 1977-12-21 American Jewish playwright and screenwriter "Glengarry Glen Ross" David Mamet marries 1st wife actress Lindsay Crouse
- 1991-09-22 American Jewish playwright and screenwriter David Mamet marries 2nd wife, English actress Rebecca Pidgeon
- 1976-01-26 David Mamet's "American Buffalo" premieres in NYC
- 1977-10-20 David Mamet's "Life in the Theater" premieres in NYC
- 1983-09-21 David Mamet's "Glengarry Glen Ross" premieres in London
- 1988-05-02 David Mamet's "Speed-the-Plow" premieres in NYC