Why Famous: Schwimmer gained worldwide fame for his starring role as Ross Geller on the sitcom Friends (1994-2004), which became one of the most popular television programs of all time.
After he graduated from Northwestern University he established the Lookingglass Theatre Company. His numerous film credits include The Pallbearer (1996), Kissing a Fool (1998), Six Days, Seven Nights and Apt Pupil (both 1998), and Picking Up the Pieces (2000). He appeared as Captain Herbert Sobel in the acclaimed miniseries Band of Brothers (2001).
In 2016 he received an Emmy nomination for his role as lawyer Robert Kardashian in American Crime Story.
- 2010-06-04 "Friends" star David Schwimmer (43) weds Zoe Buckman (25) in a small private ceremony
- 1994-09-22 "Friends" TV sitcom created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman debuts on NBC, starring Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer
- 2002-09-22 54th Emmy Awards: The West Wing, Friends, Michael Chiklis and Allison Janney win
- 2004-05-06 TV sitcom "Friends" airs season finale in 10th and final season in US (52.5 million viewers)
- 2005-05-27 DreamWorks computer-animated film "Madagascar" with voices by Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, David Schwimmer and Jada Pinkett Smith is released.