Full Name: Herman Densmore Shute
Why Famous: Won three major championships (The PGA Championship twice and The Open Championship) in the 1930s.
He was the last man to win consecutive PGA Championships before Tiger Woods did so in 1999 and 2000.
- 1931-09-19 PGA Championship Men's Golf, Wannamoisett CC: 20 year old American Tom Creavy beats Denny Shute, 2 & 1 in the final for his lone major title
- 1933-07-08 British Open Golf, St Andrews: Denny Shute beats fellow American Craig Wood by 5 strokes in a 36-hole Saturday playoff to win his only Open title
- 1936-11-22 PGA Championship Men's Golf, Pinehurst CC: Denny Shute wins first of his consecutive PGA titles, defeating Jimmy Thomson, 3 & 2
- 1937-05-30 PGA Championship Men's Golf, Pittsburgh Field Club: Defending champion Denny Shute defeats Jug McSpaden in 37 holes
- 1939-06-12 US Open Men's Golf, Philadelphia Cricket Club: Byron Nelson wins by 3 strokes from Craig Wood and 7 ahead of Denny Shute in a 36-hole playoff to claim the second of his 5 major titles
- 1941-06-07 US Open Men's Golf, Colonial CC, Fort Worth: In sweltering heat, Craig Wood wins by 3 strokes ahead of runner-up Denny Shute
- 1959-02-01 Senior PGA Championship Men's Golf, PGA National GC: Willie Goggin, using a borrowed set of woods, wins by 1 stroke ahead of Leland Gibson, Paul Runyan and Denny Shute