Full Name: Richard Wagstaff Clark
Profession: Radio and TV Personality
Biography: Best known for hosting "American Bandstand" from 1957 to 1987.
Also hosted the game show "Pyramid" and "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve, which transmitted Times Square's New Year's Eve celebrations", and was well known for his trademark sign-off, "For now, Dick Clark. So long!", accompanied with a military salute.
- 1977-07-07 "American Bandstand" TV host Dick Clark (47) weds Kari Wigton (34) in Malibu, California
- 1952-10-07 First "Bandstand" broadcast in Philadelphia on WFIL-TV (Dick Clark joins in 1955 as a substitute-host)
- 1956-07-09 Dick Clark's 1st appearance as host of American Bandstand
- 1960-08-06 Chubby Checker performs his version of Hank Ballard's "The Twist" on "The Dick Clark Show", starting a worldwide dance craze
- 1993-01-12 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees: Ruth Brown; Cream; Creedence Clearwater Revival; The Doors; Etta James; Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers; Van Morrison; Sly and the Family Stone; Dinah Washington; Dick Clark; and Milt Gabler