Profession: Russian President
Biography: Dmitry Medvedev is an influential Russian politician known for his political relationship with Vladimir Putin.
Medvedev and Putin both rose to prominence in local politics in Leningrad. Medvedev was Putin's campaign manager during Putin's Presidential campaign in 2000 and holding other positions. When he was elected President of the Russian Federation in 2008 he was seen was Putin's chosen successor.
Medvedev served just one term as President before standing aside for Putin to return to the office. Putin in turn nominated Medvedev as Prime Minister to which he was appointed in 2012.
Medvedev is considered a more Liberal political than Putin, seen in his foreign relations and anti-corruption efforts.
- 2008-05-07 Dmitry Medvedev is sworn in as the 3rd President of the Russian Federation
- 2008-05-08 Dmitry Medvedev appoints Vladimir Putin as Russian Prime Minister
- 2012-05-08 Dmitry Medvedev is confirmed as Russian Prime Minister by the State Duma, after being nominated by Vladimir Putin
- 2012-09-13 Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev calls for Russian punk band Pussy Riot to be freed
- 2016-09-18 In Russian elections Putin-backed United Russia party wins 54% of Parliamentary seats led by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev