Biography: Doris Day is a hugely popular singer and actress, dominating the 50s and 60s.
Day began as a singer (Sentimenal Journey, 1945) before going on to appear in such films as "Calamity Jane" (1953), "The Man Who Knew too Much" (1956) and "Pillow Talk" (1959). Day latter broadened her carer from her more usual musical comedies to more dramatic roles and in 1968 had her own TV show "The Doris Day Show"
Day is the recipient of many awards including a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award (2008) and the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Day is also a well known animal activist, devoting herself to the cause since her retirement.
- 1941-04-17 American actress Doris Day (19) weds trombonist Albert Jorden
- 1946-03-30 Ameican actress Doris Day (23) weds American jazz saxophonist George Weidler (20); divorce in 1949
- 1949-05-31 American singer and actress Doris Day (27) divorces American saxophonist George Weidler (23) after 3 years of marriage
- 1951-04-03 Actress and singer Doris Day (29) marries producer Martin Melcher (35) in Burbank
- 1976-04-14 American singer and actress Doris Day (54) weds restaurateur Barry Comden
- 1959-10-07 "Pillow Talk" film directed by Michael Gordon and starring Doris Day and Rock Hudson is first released