Profession: Jurist and Governor of California
Why Famous: Served as the 30th Governor of California (1943–1953) and later the 14th Chief Justice of the United States (1953–1969).
He is best known for the decisions of the Warren Court, which ended school segregation and transformed many areas of American law.
- 1925-10-04 Jurist Earl Warren (34) weds Nina Elisabeth Palmquist Meyers
- 1953-09-30 Earl Warren appointed Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court
- 1953-10-05 Earl Warren sworn in as 14th Chief Justice of US Supreme Court
- 1961-01-20 Democrat John F. Kennedy, the youngest elected President of the United States, is administered his oath of office at his inauguration by Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren. Robert Frost recites "Gift Outright".
- 1968-06-21 US Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren announces he will resign once a successor is found