Why Famous: One of the most successful artists of the 21st century, Sheeran has released three studio albums to date: "+" (plus), "x" (multiply) and "%" (divide). These albums have been incredibly successful commercially and have been critically well-received.
Sheeran began recording music in 2004, and his popularity abroad began in 2012 when he made a guest appearance on Taylor Swift's album Red and then toured with her.
Since his success Sheeran has launched his own record label, Gingerbread Man Records.
- 2015-02-25 BRIT Awards: Best Single "Uptown Funk", Best Album "X" by Ed Sheeran
- 2016-02-15 58th Grammy Awards: Best Song "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran, Best Album "1989" by Taylor Swift
- 2018-04-24 Ed Sheeran's "÷" is the best-selling album of 2017, selling 6.1 million copies, according to IFPI
- 2019-08-02 Singer songwriter Ed Sheeran's Divide tour becomes the most attended and highest grossing tour of all time overtaking U2 after 893 days on the road
- 2019-12-03 Spotify say Drake the most streamed star of the 2010s with 28 billion streams, Ed Sheeran's "Shape Of You" most streamed track with 2.4 billion streams