Why Famous: The son of jazz trumpeter and pop singer Ross McManus, Elvis Costello burst onto the music scene in 1977 with his album "My Aim Is True". Since then he has proven to be a prolific and versatile songwriter and performer. Among the more than thirty albums he has released, there are collaborations with his bands The Attractions, and The Imposters; New Orleans icon Allen Toussaint; pop legends Burt Bacharach, Paul McCartney, and Roy Orbison; country artists George Jones, and Lucinda Williams; hip-hop group The Roots; operatic soprano Anne Sofie von Otter, classical ensemble The Brodsky Quartet; and jazz figures Chet Baker, Tony Bennett, and Bill Frisell.
He has won multiple Grammy Awards, and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003.
He has been married to jazz pianist and singer Dianna Krall since 2003, with whom he has twin sons. He splits his time between England and British Columbia, Canada
- 1977-03-26 Elvis Costello releases his 1st record "Less Than Zero"
- 1977-12-17 Elvis Costello & The Attractions 1st US TV appearance (SNL)
- 1989-06-05 Paul McCartney releases "Flowers in the Dirt", his eighth solo studio album, featuring the Elvis Costello collaboration "My Brave Face"
- 1994-04-15 Jazz singer Tony Bennett records a session for "MTV's Unplugged" series at Sony Studios, NYC, featuring the Ralph Sharon trio, and guest appearances by Elvis Costello, and k.d.lang; album release wins 2 Grammy Awards
- 1994-06-24 Glastonbury Festival in Pilton, England opens: Levellers, Elvis Costello, and Peter Gabriel headline; other performers include Spin Doctors, Johnny Cash, Meshell Ndegeocello, Dwight Yoakam, Lucky Dube, Oasis, and Iris Dement
- 1998-09-29 Mercury Records releases Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharach's collaborative album "Painted from Memory"
- 2005-06-24 Glastonbury Festival in Pilton, England opens: The White Stripes, and Coldplay headline; other performers include The Kaiser Chiefs, Taj Mahal, Brian Wilson, Van Morrison, Elvis Costello, and Primal Scream
- 2013-06-26 Glastonbury Festival in Pilton, England opens: Arctic Monkeys, The Rolling Stones, and Mumford and Sons headline; other performers include Elvis Costello, Vampire Weekend, The Lumineers, Billy Bragg, Kenny Rogers, and Rufus Wainwright