Biography: Hip Hop artist Eminem aka Marshall Mathers is the best selling music artist of the 2000s. Known for his dark subject matter, alter egos, comic style and rhyming ability.
Signed by Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment in 1998, he has won 15 Grammy Awards, including best rap album for "The Slim Shady LP" and "The Marshall Mathers LP".
Eminem also starred in the semi autobiographical film "8 Mile" and won the Oscar for Best Original Song for "Lose Yourself".
With his manager Paul Rosenberg, he established Shady Records in 1999 and helped launch the careers of 50 Cent, Yelawolf, Obie Trice and others.
- 1999-06-14 Rapper Eminem marries Kimberly Anne Scott for the 1st time
- 2006-01-14 Rapper Eminem marries Kimberly Anne Scott for the 2nd time
- 1998-03-09 Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment signs then unknown rapper Eminem
- 1999-02-23 Hip Hop artist Eminem releases his first major record album 'The Slim Shady LP' (Grammy 2000 - Rap album)
- 2000-05-23 Eminem releases 3rd studio album "The Marshall Mathers LP", is fastest ever selling studio album (Grammy - Best Rap Album, 2001)
- 2000-06-29 Eminem's mother goes to court claiming defamation of character in a $10 million civil suit, after taking exception to the line "My mother smokes more dope than I do" from her son's single 'My Name Is'
- 2000-09-07 17th MTV Video Music Awards: Eminem & Aaliyah win
- 2002-05-26 Eminem releases his 4th studio album “The Eminem Show” (2002 Billboard Album of the Year, Grammy Award Best Rap Album 2003)
- 2002-08-29 19th MTV Video Music Awards: Eminem and P!nk win
- 2002-11-13 Eminem releases single 'Lose Yourself' from soundtrack of "8 Mile", 1st rap song to win Academy Award Best Original Song
- 2003-01-13 30th American Music Awards: Sheryl Crow & Eminem win
- 2009-04-04 Eminem inducts Run-DMC Into Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame
- 2010-06-18 "Recovery" 7th studio album by Eminem is released (best selling album worldwide 2010)
- 2010-09-12 27th MTV Video Music Awards: Lady Gaga & Eminem win
- 2011-05-22 19th Billboard Music Awards: Eminem, Recovery win
- 2017-10-26 National Party of New Zealand found guilty of breaching the copyright of rapper Eminem's publisher and ordered to pay $413,000 for use of the song “Eminem Esque”
- 2018-09-07 Eminem breaks 36-year UK chart record for consecutive No. 1 albums with "Kamikaze"
- 2022-02-13 Super Bowl LVI halftime show features Hip Hop legends Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar and Mary J. Blige, Eminem and 50 Cent
- Grammy Award Results for Eminem - Recording Academy