Why Famous: Developed a number of fundamental results in the field of quantum theory, which formed the basis of wave mechanics. Also famous for the paradox of Schrödinger's cat.
- 1920-04-06 Physicist Erwin Schrödinger (32) weds Annemarie Bertel
- 1926-01-27 Physicist Erwin Schrödinger publishes his theory of wave mechanics and presents what becomes known as the Schrödinger equation in quantum mechanics
- 1933-12-10 Nobel Prize for Physics is presented to Paul Dirac and Erwin Schrödinger "for the discovery of new productive forms of atomic theory"
- 1935-11-29 Physicist Erwin Schrödinger publishes his famous thought experiment "Schrödinger's cat", a paradox that illustrates the problem of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics
- "Science cannot tell us a word about why music delights us, of why and how an old song can move us to tears."