Profession: Alleged Soviet Spy
Why Famous: Executed with her husband for treason and conspiracy to commit espionage, relating to passing information about the atomic bomb to the Soviet Union.
- 1950-08-11 Ethel Rosenberg testifies before grand jury on allegations of spying for the Soviet Union
- 1951-03-06 The trial of Julius Rosenberg and his wife Ethel Rosenberg begins
- 1951-03-21 US citizens Julius & Ethel Rosenberg convicted of espionage for the Soviet Union
- 1951-03-29 Julius Rosenberg and his wife Ethel Rosenberg are convicted of espionage and sentenced to death
- 1951-04-05 Julius & Ethel Rosenberg, atomic spies, sentenced to death
- 1953-06-17 US Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas stays executions of spies Julius & Ethel Rosenberg scheduled for next day their 14th anniversary