Profession: Film Director and Scriptwriter
Biography: Federico Fellini was an influential Italian film director and scriptwriter, famous for such films as "8 1/2", "La Dolce Vita" and "La Strada".
Fellini's films won him four Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film and 1 for Lifetime Achievement. He also won the Palme d'Or for "La Dolce Vita" in 1960.
The word "Felliniesque" to describe Fellini's films with their emphasis on elaborate often surreal dreams and nostalgia, has entered popular culture as a well known term.
- 1943-10-30 Italian director Federico Fellini marries actress Giulietta Masina
- 1954-09-06 "La Strada" directed by Federico Fellini premieres at the Venice Film Festival starring Anthony Quinn
- 1960-02-03 "La Dolce Vita" directed by Federico Fellini and starring Marcello Mastroianni and Anita Ekberg has its film premiere in Italy
- 1960-05-20 13th Cannes Film Festival: "The Sweet Life" directed by Federico Fellini wins the Palme d'Or
- 1963-02-14 "8½" film directed by Federico Fellini, starring Marcello Mastroianni and Claudia Cardinale, is released (Academy Awards Best Foreign Language Film 1964)
- "Experience is what you get while looking for something else."