Profession: Auto Racer
Why Famous: The world Formula 1 Drivers Champion in 2005 and 2006.
Also won the Le Mans 24 hour race in 2018 and 2019 and the FIA World Endurance Championship in 2018 and 2019.
- 2005-09-25 Spanish Renault driver Fernando Alonso takes 3rd place in the Brazilian Grand Prix at Autódromo José Carlos Pace to clinch his first Formula 1 World Drivers Championship
- 2005-10-16 Renault driver Fernando Alonso wins season-ending Chinese Grand Prix at Shanghai International Circuit; first Spanish Formula 1 World Drivers champion; wins by 21 points from Kimi Räikkönen
- 2006-10-22 Spanish Renault driver Fernando Alonso finishes 2nd in season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix at Autódromo José Carlos Pace to retain Formula 1 World Drivers Championship; wins by 13 points from Michael Schumacher
- 2010-11-14 German Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel wins the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina Circuit to claim his first F1 World Drivers Championship by 4 points from Fernando Alonso; Red Bull's first Constructors title
- 2012-11-25 German Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel finishes 4th in season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix at Autódromo José Carlos Pace to claim his 3rd consecutive F1 World Drivers Championship by 3 points from Fernando Alonso
- 2018-06-17 24 Hours of Le Mans: Former F1 world champion Fernando Alonso teams with Kazuki Nakajima and Sébastien Buemi to win for Toyota Gazoo Racing
- 2019-06-16 24 Hours of Le Mans: 2-time World F1 champion Fernando Alonso along with Swiss driver Sébastien Buemi and Japan's Kazuki Nakajima win back-to-back titles for Toyota Gazoo Racing