Biography: Composer and virtuoso pianist of the Romantic era.
Liszt was one of the most prominent representatives of the "Neudeutsche Schule" or the New German School in German music.
- 1822-12-01 Franz Liszt, aged 11, debuts as a pianist in Vienna
- 1825-10-17 1st opera by Franz Liszt, "Don Sanche" premieres in Paris
- 1854-02-16 Franz Liszt's symphony "Orpheus" premieres
- 1854-04-16 Franz Liszt's symphonic poem "Mazeppa" premieres at the Court Theatre in Weimar
- 1855-10-18 Franz Liszt's symphonic poem "Prometheus" premieres
- 1857-12-29 Franz Liszt's symphonic poem "Die Hunnenschlacht" premieres in Weimar