Profession: Founder of the Eastman Kodak Company
Why Famous: Founded the Eastman Kodak Company and popularized the use of roll film, which helped bring photography to the mainstream.
He was also a major philanthropist, establishing the Eastman School of Music, and schools of dentistry and medicine in London and at the University of Rochester.
- 1884-10-14 George Eastman patents paper-strip photographic film
- 1888-04-24 Eastman Kodak founded by George Eastman
- 1888-09-04 George Eastman patents the first roll-film camera & registers "Kodak"
- 1889-04-06 George Eastman begins selling his Kodak flexible rolled film for the first time
- 1928-07-30 George Eastman shows first amateur color motion pictures to guests at his New York house including Thomas Edison