Biography: King of Great Britain and Ireland between 1714 and 1727.
- 1714-08-01 Monarch Georg Ludwig becomes King George I of England
- 1714-10-20 Georg Ludwig von Hannover crowned as Britain's King George I at Westminster Abbey
- 1717-08-01 Nicholas Rowe is appointed British Poet Laureate by George I
- 1717-09-05 Britain's King George I issues Proclamation "For Suppressing Pirates in the West Indies", granting pirates who surrender a pardon (re-issued 1718)
- 1718-12-10 Laurence Eusden is appointed British Poet Laureate under George I