Profession: French President
Why Famous: Prime Minister of France from 1962 to 1968, holding the longest tenure in this position, and later President of the French Republic from 1969 until his death.
- 1962-04-14 Georges Pompidou becomes Prime Minister of France after the resignation of Michel Debré
- 1966-01-08 Georges Pompidou re-appointed French Prime Minister and forms new government
- 1967-04-06 Premier Georges Pompidou forms new French government
- 1968-05-13 1,000,000 French demonstrate against Charles de Gaulle & Georges Pompidou
- 1969-06-20 Georges Pompidou sworn in as President of France