Profession: Actress and Dancer
Why Famous: During her long career, Ginger Rogers made 73 films, collaborating with Fred Astaire as a romantic lead actress and dancing partner in a series of ten Hollywood musical films that revolutionized the genre.
She achieved great success on her own in a variety of film roles and won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 1941 for her performance in Kitty Foyle.
- 1929-03-29 Actress and dancer Ginger Rogers (17) weds her dancing partner Jack Pepper (26)
- 1934-11-13 Actress and dancer Ginger Rogers (23) weds "All Quiet on the Western Front" actor Lew Ayres (25)
- 1930-10-14 George Gershwin and Ira Gershin's musical "Girl Crazy" starring Ginger Rogers and Ethel Merman premieres in NYC
- 1932-12-22 Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers 1st joint movie "Flying Down to Rio," directed by Thornton Freeland, premieres in NYC
- 1936-09-04 "Swing Time", directed by George Stevens, starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, is released
- 1941-02-27 13th Academy Awards: "Rebecca", James Stewart & Ginger Rogers win