Biography: During her long career, Ginger Rogers made 73 films, collaborating with Fred Astaire as a romantic lead actress and dancing partner in a series of ten Hollywood musical films that revolutionized the genre.
She achieved great success on her own in a variety of film roles and won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 1941 for her performance in Kitty Foyle.
- 1929-03-29 American actress and dancer Ginger Rogers (17) weds her dancing partner Jack Pepper (26); divorce in 1931
- 1934-11-13 American actress and dancer Ginger Rogers (23) weds "All Quiet on the Western Front" actor Lew Ayres (25); divorce in 1940
- 1930-10-14 George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin's musical "Girl Crazy" starring Ginger Rogers and featuring debut of Ethel Merman, opens at the Alvin Theater, NYC; runs for 272 performances
- 1931-06-06 George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin's musical "Girl Crazy" starring Ginger Rogers and featuring debut of Ethel Merman, closes at the Alvin Theater, NYC, after 272 performances, and making stars of Rogers and Merman
- 1932-12-29 Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers' 1st joint movie "Flying Down to Rio," directed by Thornton Freeland, premieres in NYC
- 1936-09-04 RKO Radio Pictures releases "Swing Time", directed by George Stevens, starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers
- 1941-02-27 13th Academy Awards: "Rebecca", James Stewart & Ginger Rogers win