Profession: Actor and Country Singer
Why Famous: Campbell was one of the leading figures of country-pop during the 1960s and 1970s.
Having established himself as a commercially successful solo artist by the late '60s he transitioned into acting with his debut on "The Glen Campbell Good Time Hour," making him an international star.
- 1968-03-04 3rd Academy of Country Music Awards: Glen Campbell and Lynn Anderson win
- 1968-11-04 "Wichita Lineman" 12th album by Glen Campbell is released (Billboard Album of the Year 1969)
- 1968-11-20 2nd Country Music Association Award: Glen Campbell and Tammy Wynette win
- 1968-12-21 Glen Campbell's album "Wichita Lineman" goes to No. 1 in the US
- 1969-03-12 11th Grammy Awards: "By the Time I Get to Phoenix" by Glen Campbell wins best record
- 1969-04-28 4th Academy of Country Music Awards: Glen Campbell and Cathie Taylor win
- 1975-05-26 "Rhinestone Cowboy" single released by Glen Campbell (Billboard Song of the Year 1975)