Profession: Auto Racer
Why Famous: Often referred to as "Mr. Monaco" due to his five wins at the Monaco Gran Prix (1963-65, 1968 & 1969).
He was also a two time Formula One World Champion (1962 and 1968), and winner of the Indianapolis 500 (1966), and the 24 Hours of Le Mans (1971)
- 1962-12-29 British driver Graham Hill wins the South African Grand Prix at Prince George Circuit in a BRM; takes out his first F1 World Drivers Championship by 12 points from Scotsman Jim Clark
- 1964-10-25 English driver John Surtees finishes 2nd behind American Dan Gurney in season ending Mexican Grand Prix at Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez to clinch his first F1 World Drivers Championship; edges Graham Hill by 1 point
- 1966-05-30 Indianapolis 500: English 1962 F1 World Champion Graham Hill wins after leading for a total of only 10 laps; first rookie winner since 1927
- 1968-11-03 English Lotus driver Graham Hill wins his 2nd Formula 1 World Drivers Championship by taking out the Mexican Grand Prix at Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez; wins title by 12 points from Scotsman Jackie Stewart
- 1996-10-13 British Williams driver Damon Hill wins season ending Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka; becomes first son of a F1 World Drivers Champion (Graham Hill 1962, 68) to win title himself; wins by 19 points from Jacques Villeneuve