Profession: Country Music Singer and Songwriter
Why Famous: Williams Jr is a successful American country musician that began his career imitating the sound of his father, Hank Williams Sr.
He had his first hit song (Top 5 on the country charts) at age 15 with a cover of his father's song "Long Gone Lonesome Blues." He later evolved his own musical style that combines traditional country with Southern rock and blues.
He has won a number of awards including the Country Music Association's Award for entertainer of the year (1987 and 1988), a Grammy Award (1989), and four Emmy Awards.
- 1990-07-01 Country singer-songwriter Hank Williams Jr (41) weds model Mary Jane Thomas at a Congregational church near his ranch in Missoula, Montana
- 1975-08-08 Hank Williams Jr. falls off the side of Ajax Peak in Montana
- 1987-04-06 22nd Academy of Country Music Awards: Hank Williams Jr, Randy Travis, and Reba McEntire win
- 1988-03-21 23rd Academy of Country Music Awards: Hank Williams Jr, Randy Travis, and Reba McEntire win
- 1989-04-10 24th Academy of Country Music Awards: Hank Williams Jr, George Strait, and K.T. Oslin win