Profession: Ford Motor Company Founder
Why Famous: Henry Ford introduced the Model T Ford auto mobile in October 1908, the first mass produced car.
It went on to sell over 15 million. Ford was able to achieve this by developing his car assembly line through mass production, the first significant industrialist to do so.
- 1888-04-11 Industrialist Henry Ford (24) weds Clara Jane Bryant (22) in Greenfield Township, Michigan
- 1893-12-24 Henry Ford completes his first useful petrol / gasoline fuelled engine
- 1896-06-04 Henry Ford takes his 1st Ford through streets of Detroit
- 1903-06-16 Ford Motors under Henry Ford incorporates
- 1906-10-22 Henry Ford becomes President of Ford Motor Company
- 1908-08-12 Henry Ford's company builds the first Model T car
- 1908-09-27 Henry Ford's first Ford Model T automobile leaves the Piquette Plant in Detroit, Michigan
- 1908-10-01 Henry Ford introduces the Model T car (costs $825)
- 1913-12-01 Ford Motor Company institutes world's 1st moving assembly line for the Model T Ford
- 1915-10-12 Ford Motor Company under Henry Ford manufactures its 1 millionth automobile at the River Rouge plant in Detroit
- 1915-12-04 Henry Ford's peace ship, Oscar II, sails for Europe 'to get the boys out of the trenches by Christmas'
- 1919-01-01 Edsel Ford succeeds his father, Henry Ford, as president of the Ford Motor Company
- 1926-09-25 Henry Ford announces 8 hour, 5-day work week
- 1927-05-25 Henry Ford announces that he is ending production of the Model T Ford
- 1927-05-26 Henry Ford and the Ford Motor Company produce the last (and 15th million) Model T Ford / Tin Lizzie
- 1932-10-19 Henry Ford gives his 1st radio speech
- 1937-06-05 Henry Ford initiates 32 hour work week
- 1942-01-13 Henry Ford patents a method of constructing plastic auto bodies