Why Famous: Known for breaking with existing literary forms, developing a new sort of semi-autobiographical novel that blended character study, social criticism, philosophical reflection, explicit language, sex, surrealist free association and mysticism, always distinctly about and expressive of the real-life Henry Miller and yet also fictional.
- 1924-06-24 American writer Henry Miller (31) marries 2nd wife June Smerth (21) in Hoboken, New Jersey.
- 1918-04-01 Henry Miller's Theater opens at 124 W 43rd St NYC
- 1959-05-12 "Nervous Set" opens at Henry Miller's Theater NYC for 23 performances
- 1959-05-30 "Nervous Set" closes at Henry Miller's Theater NYC after 23 performances
- "If we have not found heaven within, it is a certainty we will not find it without."