Profession: Egyptian President
Why Famous: The fourth incumbent President of Egypt, which he occupied from 1981 to 2011. Before he entered politics, he was a career officer in the Egyptian Air Force.
He stepped down after 18 days of demonstrations during the 2011 Egyptian revolution.
- 1981-10-07 Hosni Mubarak becomes acting-president of Egypt
- 1981-10-13 Vice President Hosni Mubarak elected President of Egypt
- 1983-12-22 Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak meets with PLO leader Yasser Arafat
- 1985-01-02 Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak reappoints Coptic pope Shenuda III
- 1986-09-11 Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak receives Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres
- 1991-01-01 Iraq rejects peace proposal from Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak
- 1995-06-26 Gunmen ambush Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak who escapes unharmed
- 2005-02-26 Hosni Mubarak, President of Egypt, orders the constitution changed to allow multi-candidate presidential elections, asking Egyptian parliament to amend Article 76
- 2011-01-28 Hundreds of thousands of protesters fill the Egyptian's streets against the Hosni Mubarak's regime in demonstrations referred to as the "Friday of Anger"
- 2011-02-11 Egyptian Revolution culminates in the resignation of Hosni Mubarak and the transfer of power to the Supreme Military Council after 18 days of protests (Arab Spring)