Why Famous: Hugh Laurie is a British comedian who rose to fame as one half of the sketch show duo "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" with friend Stephen Fry. Fry went on to appear in "Blackadder" with Rowan Atkinson.
Laurie later began appearing in US television roles including the very successful "House" as the titular character, for which he won a Golden Globe award. Later roles included "Veep" and "Chance".
His film roles include "Sense and Sensibility" with Emma Thompson, and the live action version of "101 Dalmatians".
Outside acting Laurie has released two blues albums and written a novel.
- 1989-06-16 Actor Hugh Laurie (30) weds theatre administrator Jo Green in Camden, London
- 1989-01-13 British comedy sketch show series "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" starring Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie debuts on BBC1
- 1989-11-02 "Blackadder Goes Forth" final episode "Goodbyeee" airs starring Rowan Atkinson and Tony Robinson, written by Richard Curtis and Ben Elton
- 2009-01-07 35th People's Choice Awards: Will Smith & Reese Witherspoon win (Movie Star) and Hugh Laurie & Christina Applegate win (TV)
- 2010-01-06 36th People's Choice Awards: Johnny Depp & Sandra Bullock win (Movie Star) and Hugh Laurie & Katherine Heigl win (TV Drama)
- 2011-01-06 37th People's Choice Awards: Johnny Depp & Kristen Stewart win (Movie Star) and Hugh Laurie & Lisa Edelstein win (TV Drama)