Profession: Pianist, Composer and Polish Prime Minister
Why Famous: Ignacy Jan Paderewski rose to fame as a concert pianist, noted for his striking looks and great charm. He was also a composer, producing an Opera and a Symphony, popular in their day.
As a member of the Polish National Committee during WW I he became a spokesman for an independent state of Poland.
In 1919 he became the first prime inister of Poland, and represented Poland at the Paris Peace Conference of the same year, signing the Treaty of Versailles.
- 1880-01-07 Pianist Ignacy Jan Paderewski (19) weds Antonina Korsak
- 1889-05-31 Pianist Ignacy Jan Paderewski (38) weds baroness Helena Maria Rosen
- 1901-05-29 Ignacy Jan Paderewski's opera "Manru" has its world premiere in Dresden
- 1909-02-12 Symphony in B minor "Polonia", by polish composer Ignacy Jan Paderewski has its public premiere with the Boston Symphony Orchestra
- 1919-01-18 Composer and musician Ignacy Jan Paderewski becomes Polish Prime Minister
- 1919-11-27 Ignacy Jan Paderewski resigns as Polish Prime Minister