Biography: Ignacy Jan Paderewski rose to fame as a concert pianist, noted for his striking looks and great charm. He was also a composer, producing an Opera and a Symphony, popular in their day.
As a member of the Polish National Committee during WW I he became a spokesman for an independent state of Poland.
In 1919 he became the first prime inister of Poland, and represented Poland at the Paris Peace Conference of the same year, signing the Treaty of Versailles.
- 1880-01-07 Polish pianist Ignacy Jan Paderewski (19) weds Polish musician Antonina Korsak
- 1889-05-31 Polish pianist, and politician Ignacy Jan Paderewski (38) weds Polish baroness, social activist, and humanitaran Helena Maria von Rosen (32) in Warsaw
- 1901-05-29 Ignacy Jan Paderewski's opera "Manru" has its world premiere in Dresden, Germany
- 1909-02-12 Symphony in B minor "Polonia", by Polish composer Ignacy Jan Paderewski has its public premiere with the Boston Symphony Orchestra
- 1919-01-18 Composer and musician Ignacy Jan Paderewski becomes Polish Prime Minister
- 1919-11-27 Ignacy Jan Paderewski resigns as Polish Prime Minister