Profession: Tennis Champion
Why Famous: One of the five players in history to win more than 100 ATP professional titles.
Năstase won seven grand slam titles, two in singles, three in men's doubles and two in mixed doubles.
- 2004-06-05 Tennis player Ilie Năstase (57) weds fashion model Amalia Teodosescu
- 1971-06-06 French Open Men's Tennis: Defending champion Jan Kodeš of Czechoslovakia beats Ilie Năstase of Romania 8-6, 6-2, 2-6, 7-5
- 1971-12-12 Romanian tennis star Ilie Năstase finishes ATP Masters Grand Prix with a perfect 6-0 record to win the rich season ending event at the Coubertin Stadium, Paris
- 1972-07-09 Wimbledon Men's Tennis: American Stan Smith beats Ilie Năstase of Romania 4-6, 6-3, 6-3, 4-6, 7-5 for his only Wimbledon title
- 1972-09-10 US Open Men's Tennis, Forest Hills, NY: Ilie Năstase of Romania beats Arthur Ashe 3-6, 6-3, 6-7, 6-3, 6-3 for his first Grand Slam title
- 1972-12-02 Romanian tennis star Ilie Năstase successfully defends his ATP Masters Grand Prix title with a 6–3, 6–2, 3–6, 2–6, 6–3 win over American Stan Smith in Barcelona, Spain
- 1973-06-03 French Open Men's Tennis: Ilie Năstase of Romania wins his second Grand Slam singles title; beats Czech star Niki Pilić 6-3, 6-3, 6-0
- 1973-12-08 Romanian tennis star Ilie Năstase wins his 3rd consecutive season-ending ATP Masters Grand Prix title with a 6–3, 7–5, 4–6, 6–3 win over Dutchman Tom Okker in Boston, Massachusetts
- 1975-12-07 Romanian tennis star Ilie Năstase wins his 4th season-ending ATP Masters Grand Prix title with a 6-2, 6-2, 6-1 rout of Björn Borg of Sweden in Stockholm
- 1976-07-03 Wimbledon Men's Tennis: Sweden's Björn Borg beats Ilie Năstase of Romania 6-4, 6-2, 9-7 for the first of 5 straight Wimbledon titles
- 1979-08-30 In a wild encounter at the US Open, John McEnroe beats Ilie Năstase 6-4, 4-6, 6-3, 6-2; Năstase is defaulted by the umpire then reinstated
- 2017-04-22 Ilie Năstase thrown off tennis court for insulting British female players during Fed Cup play-off against Romania in Constanta