Why Famous: One of the most influential scientists of all time and a key figure in the scientific revolution. Famed for the laws of motion.
- 1661-06-05 Isaac Newton admitted as a student to Trinity College, Cambridge
- 1668-07-07 Isaac Newton receives MA from Trinity College, Cambridge
- 1672-02-08 Isaac Newton reads 1st optics paper before Royal Society in London
- 1684-12-10 Isaac Newton's derivation of Kepler's laws from his theory of gravity, contained in the paper De motu corporum in gyrum, is read to the Royal Society by Edmond Halley
- 1687-07-05 Isaac Newton's great work PRINCIPIA published by Royal Society in England. Outlines his laws of motion and universal gravitation.
- 1697-01-26 Isaac Newton receives Jean Bernoulli's 6 month time-limit problem, solves problem before going to bed that same night
- 1705-04-16 Queen Anne of England knights Isaac Newton at Trinity College, Cambridge
- 2018-06-15 Physicist Stephen Hawking's ashes are interred in Westminster Abbey, London, between the remains of Isaac Newton and Charles Darwin
- "I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people."