Full Name: Jacinda Kate Laurell Ardern
Profession: New Zealand Prime Minister
Biography: When Ardern became Prime Minister of New Zealand in 2017, she also claimed the title of being the world’s youngest female head of government, at 37.
As a social democrat, Ardern has been likened to other progressive leaders, like Justin Trudeau.
- 2017-10-19 New Zealand Labour Party forms a coalition government led by Jacinda Ardern (37), youngest NZ leader in 161 years
- 2017-10-26 Jacinda Ardern is sworn in as Prime Minister of New Zealand, becoming the world’s youngest female head of government
- 2019-03-21 New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announces a ban on military-style semiautomatic weapons, 6 days after the Christchurch terrorist attack
- 2019-05-15 Five of world's biggest tech companies pledge to tackle extremist material at "The Christchurch Call" initiative in Paris hosted by Jacinda Ardern and Emmanuel Macron
- 2020-10-17 Labour Party headed by Jacinda Ardern re-elected in a landslide in New Zealand's general election