Full Name: Ma Yun
Profession: Alibaba Entrepreneur
Why Famous: Founder of the Internet giant Alibaba Group and the first mainland Chinese entrepreneur to appear on the cover of Forbes.
Ma is regularly listed as the richest man in China with an estimated net worth of over $40 billion.
- 1999-04-04 Jack Ma founds Chinese internet company Alibaba
- 2017-04-04 Alibaba becomes the world's largest retailer according to US Securities and Exchange Commission
- 2017-11-11 Largest Singles Day sales ever - Alibaba says its sales alone were $25.3 billion
- 2018-03-26 E-commence group Alibaba Group and US car maker Ford unveil a car vending machine without sales people 5 stories high in Guangzhou, China
- 2018-11-11 Chinese e-commerce company Alibaba sets new record for their Singles Day sale, $1 billion in 85 seconds, $30.8bn in 24 hours
- 2019-09-10 Alibaba chairman Jack Ma steps down, succeeded by Daniel Zhang