Profession: Boxer and World Heavyweight Champion
Biography: Known for his enormous strength and stamina, he fought out of a crouch with his left arm extended forward, allowing him to absorb tremendous punishment while wearing his opponents down.
A natural left-hander, he possessed one-punch knockout power in his left hook.
- 1899-06-09 American boxer James J. Jeffries KOs defending champion Bob Fitzsimmons of England in 11th round in Brooklyn, New York to win the lineal World Heavyweight title
- 1899-11-03 World heavyweight boxing champion James J. Jeffries retains title; beats Irishman Tom Sharkey on points in 25 rounds at Coney Island Athletic Club, Brooklyn, NYC
- 1900-04-06 James J. Jeffries KOs Jack Finnegan in 1 for heavyweight boxing title
- 1900-05-11 James J. Jeffries KOs James J Corbett in 23 for heavyweight boxing title
- 1901-11-15 James J. Jeffries TKOs Gus Ruhlin in 6 for heavyweight boxing title in San Francisco
- 1902-07-25 3 years after winning the title from English boxer Bob Fitzsimmons, American champion James J. Jeffries repeats the dose with an 8th round KO in San Francisco for the heavyweight crown
- 1903-08-14 Champion James J. Jeffries scores a 10th round TKO win over former champion James J Corbett in San Francisco; his 6th heavyweight boxing title defence
- 1904-08-25 Champion James J. Jeffries scores a 2nd round TKO win over Jack Munroe in San Francisco; Jeffries retires after his 7th heavyweight boxing title defence
- 1905-05-13 World heavyweight boxing champion James J. Jeffries retires undefeated after 7 title defences; returns in 1910 to be beaten by Jack Johnson
- 1910-07-04 "Fight of the Century": Jack Johnson beats James J. Jeffries by TKO in 15 in Reno, Nevada to retain his world heavyweight boxing title