Profession: Confederate General
Biography: One of the foremost Confederate generals of the American Civil War and the principal subordinate to General Robert E. Lee, who called him his "Old War Horse." He served under Lee as a corps commander for many of the famous battles fought by the Army of Northern Virginia in the Eastern Theater, but also with Gen. Braxton Bragg in the Army of Tennessee in the Western Theater.
Considered not only the finest corps commander in the Army of Northern Virginia, but arguably the best corps commander in the conflict on either side.
Born: January 8, 1821
Birthplace: Edgefield, South Carolina, USA
Star Sign: Capricorn
- 1848-03-08 Confederate General James Longstreet (27) weds Maria Louisa Garland in Lynchburg, Virginia
- 1897-09-08 Confederate General James Longstreet (76) weds Helen Dortch (34) at the governor's mansion in Atlanta, Georgia
- 1863-12-03 Confederate General James Longstreet abandons his siege at Knoxville, TN
- 1864-01-17 General James Longstreet's command ends heavy fighting at Dandridgem, Tennessee
- 1864-05-06 Battle of Wilderness, fought in Virginia, Confederate General James Longstreet seriously injured (Overland Campaign), inconclusive result (US Civil War)