Profession: Economist and Chair of the Federal Reserve
Why Famous: The 15th Chair of the Federal Reserve and the first woman to hold the position.
Yellen was also the Chair of the White House Council Economic Advisers under President Bill Clinton.
- 2014-02-01 Janet Yellen becomes Chair of the US Federal Reserve, succeeding Ben Bernanke
- 2020-11-30 Joe Biden announces he is nominating Janet Yellen for US treasury secretary
- 2021-01-25 Janet Yellen is confirmed as the first female treasury secretary by the US Senate
- 2021-03-08 US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen says COVID-9 pandemic has had an "extremely unfair" effect on income and economic opportunities for women
- "It slightly worries me that when people find a problem, they rush to judgment of what to do."