Full Name: Jean-Claude Duvalier aka Baby Doc
Profession: Dictator and President of Haiti
Why Famous: Dictator of Haiti known as "Baby Doc" who followed in his father François Duvalier's aka "Papa Doc" brutal footsteps.
Ruled as President of Haiti from 1971, declaring himself "president-for-life", until his overthrow by a popular uprising in 1986 caused him to flee to France.
Duvalier maintained a notoriously lavish lifestyle and made millions from involvement in the drug trade. Even go as far as to sell body parts from dead Haitians while poverty among his people remained the most widespread of any country in the Western Hemisphere.
- 1980-05-27 President of Haiti Jean-Claude Duvalier (28) weds Michele Bennett in Haiti
- 1986-02-07 Haiti's President-for-Life Jean-Claude Duvalier flees to France: Henri Namphy becomes leader of Haiti
- 1986-12-07 President Jean-Claude Duvalier flees Haiti
- Jean-Claude Duvalier Dies at 63; Ruled Haiti in Father’s Brutal Fashion - NY Times
- Jean-Claude Duvalier obituary - The Guardian
- Obituary: Baby Doc Duvalier Like father, like son - The Economist