Profession: Amazon Entrepreneur
Why Famous: As founder and CEO of Amazon.com, Bezos has played a key role in the growth of e-commerce. The site is now the largest retailer on the internet.
In 2013, Bezos also purchased The Washington Post newspaper.
- 2019-04-04 Amazon's Jeff Bezos and MacKenzie Bezos agree record-breaking $35 billion divorce settlement
- 1994-07-05 Amazon.com founded in Bellevue, Washington by Jeff Bezos
- 2017-07-27 Amazon founder Jeff Bezos briefly becomes world's richest man at $91.4bn overtaking Bill Gates for half a day
- 2018-01-10 Jeff Bezos becomes the second man worth over $100 billion as his wealth hits $106 billion due to a rise in Amazon's share price
- 2018-03-06 Forbes names Amazon founder Jeff Bezos the world's richest person for the first time at $112 billion, Bill Gates no. 2
- 2019-02-08 Amazon founder Jeff Bezos accuses The National Enquirer and its owner, American Media Inc, of blackmail over private messages detailing an extramarital affair