Why Famous: Seinfeld began his career as a stand up comedian before creating the TV sitcom "Seinfield" with Larry David in 1988.
The show (1989-98) in which Seinfeld played a caricature of himself became one of the most popular sitcoms ever in America.
The comedy was famously called "a show about nothing" and was the winner of a Grammy (1993) and a Golden Globe (1994).
- 1999-12-25 Comedian Jerry Seinfeld (45) marries PR executive Jessica Sklar (28)
- 1989-07-05 "Seinfield" (originally titled The Seinfeld Chronicles" screens its pilot episode starring Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Michael Richards on NBC
- 1993-02-28 7th American Comedy Award: Jerry Seinfeld
- 1993-09-19 45th Emmy Awards: Seinfeld, Picket Fences & Ted Danson win
- 1997-12-25 Jerry Seinfeld announces the final season of his TV show "Seinfeld" will air the following year
- 1998-05-14 Seinfeld's final 2-part episode "The Finale" airs on NBC to 76.3M viewers (commercials priced at $2M for 30 seconds)