Profession: NBA Guard
Why Famous: Played his entire professional NBA career for the Los Angeles Lakers. Nicknamed "Mr. Clutch" for his ability to make a big play in a clutch situation, such as his famous buzzer-beating 60-foot shot that tied Game 3 of the 1970 NBA Finals against the New York Knicks, which the Lakers would end up winning.
- 1960-04-10 NBA guard Jerry West (21) weds his college sweetheart Martha Kane in Morgantown, West Virginia
- 1978-05-28 NBA legend Jerry West (40) weds cheerleader Karen Bua
- 1969-04-23 LA Laker Jerry West scores 53 points
- 1972-01-18 22nd NBA All Star Game, The Forum, Inglewood, Ca: West beats East, 112-110: MVP: Jerry West, LA Lakers, G, hits a last-second, 20-foot game-winning jumper
- 1974-10-03 Future Basketball Hall of Fame guard Jerry West (“Mr. Clutch”) retires after 14 NBA seasons with the LA Lakers; West has 25,192 career points; averages 29.1 ppg in 153 playoff games
- 2000-08-07 Los Angeles Lakers announce retirement of former star player and Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Jerry West; name Mitch Kupchak to succeed him