Full Name: James Martin Barnes
Profession: Pioneering Golfer
Why Famous: Leading figure in the early years of professional golf in the United States.
He won four majors, and was one of the most prolific tournament winners of the first few seasons of the PGA Tour.
- 1916-10-14 1st PGA Championship Men's Golf, Siwanoy CC, Bronxville, NY: Englishman Jim Barnes defeats Jock Hutchison by 1 hole in the 36-hole final
- 1919-09-20 PGA Championship Men's Golf, Engineers CC: Defending champion Jim Barnes defeats Fred McLeod, 6 & 5 in the final
- 1921-07-22 US Open Men's Golf, Columbia CC: Englishman Jim Barnes wins the 3rd of his 4 major titles by 9 strokes ahead of runners-up Walter Hagen and Fred McLeod
- 1922-06-23 British Open Men's Golf, Royal St George's GC: Walter Hagen becomes first American-born winner of the Open Championship, 1 stroke ahead of runners-up Jim Barnes and George Duncan
- 1924-09-20 PGA Championship Men's Golf, French Lick CC: 1921 champion Walter Hagen beats Englishman Jim Barnes 2-up in the final
- 1925-06-26 British Open Men's Golf, Prestwick GC: English born American Jim Barnes captures his only Open title, 1 stroke ahead of runners-up Ted Ray and Archie Compston