Full Name: Park Ji-min
Profession: K-Pop Star
Biography: Jimin is a vocalist and dancer with the phenomenally popular Korean K-pop band BTS.
Jimin made his debut with BTS in 2013. BTS became the first Korean band to sell over a million album copies, for their studio album "Wings". BTS have continued to lead the Korean wave and have become successful worldwide. In 2018 they were the first Korean act to reach No. 1 on the US Billboard 200 Chart with their album "Love Yourself: Tear". In 2020 they also became the first all-Korean act to have a US No. 1 single for "Dynamite".
Jimin has also recorded and released three singles, two with fellow BTS member Jungkook and his first solo single "Promise" in 2018.
- 2017-05-21 BTS wins the Top Social Artist at the Billboard Awards, becoming the first K-pop group to win any Billboard Award
- 2017-12-05 Twitter reveals K-pop boy band BTS were the most tweeted-about celebrities in 2017
- 2018-05-18 K-pop boy band BTS release their album "Love Yourself: Tear", sells 135,000 first week
- 2018-05-20 K-pop boy band BTS are the first Koreans to perform at the Billboard Music Awards
- 2018-05-27 South Korean boy band BTS are the first K-pop group to top the US Billboard 200 with their album "Love Yourself: Tear"
- 2018-11-09 Korean pop band BTS appearance on Japanese TV show cancelled after member Jimin wore shirt with atomic bomb image
- 2019-04-13 BTS is the first K-pop band to perform on US TV show "Saturday Night Live"
- 2020-08-21 Koreon pop group BTS releases single "Dynamite,"; becomes 1st video to be watched more than 100 million times in 24 hours on YouTube
- 2020-09-01 BTS become the 1st all-Korean pop act to top the Billboard 100 singles chart with "Dynamite"