Full Name: Ulrich Friedrich Wilhelm Joachim von Ribbentrop
Profession: Foreign Minister of the German Reich
Why Famous: Foreign Minister of the German Reich from 1938 until 1945.
Ribbentrop became a close confidant of Hitler, and was tried, convicted, and hanged at the Nuremberg Trials for war crimes.
- 1920-07-05 Foreign Minister of the German Reich Joachim von Ribbentrop (27) weds Anna Elisabeth Henkell
- 1934-04-18 Adolf Hitler names Joachim von Ribbentrop ambassador for disarmament
- 1938-12-06 French/German non-attack treaty drawn (Ribbentrop-Bonnet Pact)
- 1939-08-23 Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union agree the Molotov-Ribbentrop non-aggression pact and secretly divide Poland between themselves, setting the stage for World War II
- 1939-09-28 German-Soviet Frontier Treaty is signed by Joachim von Ribbentrop and Vyacheslav Molotov; redraws German and Soviet spheres of influence in central Europe and transfers most of Lithuania to the USSR
- 1946-09-30 22 Nazi leaders, including Joachim von Ribbentrop and Hermann Goering, are found guilty of war crimes and sentenced to death or prison at the Nuremberg war trials
- 1946-10-16 10 Nazi leaders are hanged as war criminals after Nuremberg war trials, including Wilhelm Keitel, Joachim von Ribbentrop and Alfred Jodl